The architect of HCL’s journey from a struggling $700-million company to a $4-billion IT role model says to succeed you have to be a paranoid and ‘perpetually unhappy company’
Vineet Nayar kicks off the conversation with a reference to Carlos Ghosn, the legendary leader of the Renault-Nissan alliance, whom he met recently in France. “Carlos sees himself not as the biggest, but with an aspiration to be the biggest. And, therefore, he said, ‘I have to take a big bet way ahead of the bet becoming a reality.’ So, frugal engineering – the axis around which he turned Nissan – was not enough and he has now bet big on the electric car, the Leaf.”
- Featured (26)
- Leadership & Business Lessons (82)
- Unconventional Leadership (23)
- My Video Posts (48)
- My Harvard Posts (38)
- Interviews & Events (98)
- Leaders of Today (34)
- Microblog (1)
Connect With Me
Former CEO HCL Tech,Founder Sampark Foundation, Author of Employees First, Customers Second.
- Celebrate the women, nourish, protect, support and celebrate them #HappyWomen’sDay – today and every day!
- Today let’s take an oath to stop exploitation agnst women inside/outside our homes, offices, groups, clans, & neighborhoods #HappyWomen’sDay
- This piece i wrote 4 HT sometime back celebrated all the women who've had a large impact on my life:http://t.co/gl3jwRSrpv #Women’sMonth 2/2
- “When I was 4,my cricketball broke a nghbr’s window. He tied me up so that I don't do it again.But next day, I broke it again & waited..”1/2