The recent debate on Internet governance turned the spotlight on the power of the digital world and the urgent need to protect the people expressing their opinion on it. It is as fundamental as in the real world.
But having said that, we must remember that the Internet is more, much more than a medium for expressing our opinion. It presents a huge opportunity – the incomparable potential to bridge the economic divide and deliver basic needs like education, medicine and public service to people on the ‘bottom of the pyramid’.
A doctor treating a patient in a remote village via the internet, farmers finding the best market for their produce, poor children getting access to quality teachers; the potential of internet is immense. We cannot afford to squander away this opportunity by taking the focus away from this potential. The spotlight must be brought back to this true power of the internet. Don’t you think so?
- Uncategorized (2)
- Featured (33)
- Leadership & Business Lessons (82)
- Unconventional Leadership (23)
- My Video Posts (48)
- My Harvard Posts (38)
- Interviews & Events (98)
- Leaders of Today (34)
- Microblog (1)
Connect With Me
Former CEO HCL Tech,Founder Sampark Foundation, Author of Employees First, Customers Second.
- “@nullinterface: @vineetnayar and it's still not a verified account. @Raheelk @TwitterIndia Guys?” Strange ways of twitter indeed!
- @naveenn1972 grps r unique only as a collection ofunique individuals,so yes i did meet intrstng ppl;maybe i'll write bout them in my nxtblog
- Today our Twitter group crosses 20K like-minded thinkers who believe in inspiring and being inspired.Thank You!
- Had a grt time speaking at the #nzhrconf Institute in Auckland today. heartening 2see managers across the world embrace #EmployeesFirst idea